Millions of Uber rides occur every single day, and each a type of journeys is made up of a lot of shifting elements: the request, the pickup, the journey, the drop-off… So it’s protected to say that even probably the most minor enhancements could make a main distinction down the road. The little issues add up, and small tweaks can have a massive impression on everybody.
That’s why we’re rolling out changes to the pickup and buyer help expertise based mostly on suggestions we’ve heard from drivers and riders. These tweaks are designed to save lots of time, frustration and cash by giving our clients extra management and adaptability to unravel for these moments when issues don’t go precisely as deliberate.
Pickups are one of many hardest elements of the expertise to get proper, they usually’re particularly troublesome when riders by accident request a pickup from the incorrect place. It typically begins with a telephone name and ends with a canceled experience. A small miscue results in a irritating state of affairs the place riders aren’t driving, and drivers aren’t incomes.
Now we’re enabling riders on iOS within the US, Canada and the UK to replace their pickup location in the event that they occurred to request from the fallacious place. We’ve examined this function in a handful of cities and located that it led to fewer cancellations (and fewer stress), and we plan to roll it out to all riders throughout the US, Canada and UK within the coming weeks beginning in the present day.
Here’s the way it works:
- Once your driver is en route, faucet “edit” subsequent to your pickup location
- Enter your new pickup handle, and faucet “confirm”
Once a rider updates their pickup location, drivers will probably be notified of the brand new location and have their route up to date (expertise will range for in-app and out-of-app navigation).
The pickup is a core a part of the Uber expertise and we’re all the time on the lookout for methods to make it as painless as potential for each riders and drivers. This easy repair provides riders extra management over their pickup expertise and saves everybody time and avoidable complications.
Driver Support Policies
Many drivers have informed us that a few of our help insurance policies really feel stacked towards them and appear to place riders’ pursuits above theirs. In response to that suggestions, we’ve begun to make updates to buyer help insurance policies within the US and Canada that give drivers extra of a say on considerations and complaints that have an effect on their backside line, together with:
- Rider Complaints: When wanting into rider complaints associated to poor driving, we’ll now keep in mind driver historical past. Going ahead somebody with three rider complaints however simply 100 journeys underneath their belt will probably be handled very in another way than a driver who has acquired three complaints however accomplished 10,000 journeys. Instead of a one-size-fits all strategy, this coverage will take everything of a driver’s time utilizing Uber under consideration.
- Wrong Driver Reports: In addition to counting on rider suggestions when suspending a driver—for instance, a rider writes in saying that their driver didn’t seem like the image within the app—we’ll use know-how like Real Time ID to validate that the driving force is who they are saying they’re and get them again on the street shortly. This will imply much less pointless day without work the street for drivers.
- Wrong Rider Pickups: There are occasions when riders report that somebody took a journey on their account that wasn’t them. Before, we used to take the rider’s phrase for it. Now, if a driver disputes this declare, we’ll use know-how and enter from drivers to find out and validate what truly occurred.
- Fare Adjustments: We will now give drivers a say in fare changes. For instance, there are occasions when riders by chance cancel a journey whereas they’re nonetheless on the way to their vacation spot. When this occurred up to now, the driving force was paid out as much as the purpose of cancellation, even when they declare that they accomplished the journey. We realized this strategy didn’t give applicable consideration to the driving force’s perspective. Going ahead, if a driver disputes a fare adjustment, we’ll validate the declare and ensure they’re appropriately compensated
These are solely a handful of feedback-driven changes we’re making to our buyer help insurance policies, with many extra to return within the weeks and months forward. We have a whole workforce devoted to reviewing all of our help insurance policies on an ongoing foundation to make sure they’re truthful for drivers and riders.
We know we have now a long way to go. And shifting ahead, we’ll proceed to behave on the suggestions we’ve acquired from drivers and riders to enhance the expertise for each.