When you are a child, you look ahead to the holidays: no checks, no homework, no getting up earlier than you are prepared, and relying on your loved ones’s traditions, you may even obtain presents.
As an grownup, although, holidays lose their luster. There are journeys to plan, presents to purchase, and heaven assist you if one in every of your bristly relations launches right into a political tirade at the dinner desk.
Uber can not help together with your Aunt Bea or your passive-aggressive brother Buford, however it can make getting round barely simpler and cheaper this vacation season–if you meet a few primary necessities, in fact.
First, it’s a must to have an American Express card (a standard one, not the pre-paid type).
Second, it’s a must to use that card to pay for your Uber rides.
Third, your Uber driver has to select you up at one among these airports:
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
If you meet all of these circumstances, congratulations: Uber will assist pay for two of your rides between now and December 31, 2016.
After you’ve got landed and picked up your checked luggage, merely open your Uber app, hit the promotions tab, and enter the promo code “AMEXAIRPORT”. (Make positive your Amex is about to be the cost for the experience.) The first $65 of every journey can be on the house–though in fact, that does not embrace tipping your driver.